Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Research Papers


Guatemala and Spiritual Ascension


It is profoundly interesting to me that we have so many different cultures, all with rich history, and all on one planet. And each of these cultures has its own spirit and its own stature. Every place that I’ve been across the globe has given me a different sensation and a different perspective on life and the way I live. My experience in Guatemala was the perfect way for me to bring myself out of the comfort zones I was so accustomed to in America. I was able to be out in nature with absolutely no connection to the outside world, which to me was possibly the most refreshing situation ever. I was able to lie down and simply listen to and absorb the disjointed orchestra of the jungle. Offbeat rhythms and sounds no instrument or sampler can produce. It was the truest form of music I have ever come across, and as a musician it set the mood that Guatemala as a whole captivated me with.

I’ve found that Guatemala has a very different value system than America, and I think that is what I liked most about it. Although people in Guatemala can sometimes not have a lot of money, they still value their life just as much if not more without money and they seem much happier that way. When I returned to America after being in Guatemala the first thing I noticed is that people in America were noticeably more stressed out and depressed. It made me immediately want to go back to Guatemala, where everything seemed so much more pure. It’s like the whole time I was in Guatemala there was some kind of spiritual entity that was trying to communicate something with me, and it wasn’t until I got back to America that I realized what that something was. It was a way of life. And ever since I’ve learned of this way of life I’ve been able to incorporate it into my own life.


Nathan Levenson
High Tech High International

No comments: